What are the Wax Types offered by BeWaxed?
BeWaxed offers a variety of waxing options such as the following!
- Sugar Wax
- Vanilla Wax (with Titanium Dioxide and Sweet Almond Oil)
- Aloe Vera Wax (with Aloe Vera and Sweet Almond Oil)
- Green Apple Wax
- White Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate Wax
- Pearl Creme Wax
- Activated Charcoal Wax
- Argan Oil Wax
- Perfect Pink
- Perfect Blue
- Perfect Scent
- Rice Wax
What wax should I use?
Made with Sugar, Lime & Glycerin, this wax strip is natural and safe for any skin type,and has been around for centuries.
Vanilla Wax (with Titanium Dioxide, and Sweet Almond Oil)
Super creamy, vanilla scented and ultra-gentle with unique LYCON Titanium Dioxide technology. Perfect for sensitive skin.
Aloe Vera Wax (with Aloe Vera, and Sweet Almond Oil)
With the beneficial properties of soothing and cooling Aloe Vera, it is perfect for sensitive skin. Exceptional grip, yet leaves skin silky smooth and comfortable.
The PINKINI Hybrid Hot Wax is a finely tuned blend between LYCON’s legendary traditional hot wax and LYCOtec modern film wax formulas. When teamed with the nurturing PINKINI Pre and Post waxing lotions, provide virtually painless professional waxing. PINKINI Hybrid Hot Wax removes hairs as short as 1mm and is perfect for the most sensitive skins. Clients who have a tendency towards pigmentation… no fear, we have it covered with the effective and easy to use PINKINI Lightening Serum.
Green Apple Wax
With characteristics that keep the skin glowing from the inside, the green apple liposoluble wax has hydrating properties that efficiently removes body and facial hair, and is suitable for all skin types. Extra special for ingrown hairs.
White Chocolate Wax
Made from the distinct blend of extremely stable and purified hydrocarbon resins, natural vegetable oils, and added white chocolate extracts, the result is an extremely safe and indulgent depilatory experience with the added benefits of healthy and younger looking skin.
Dark Chocolate Wax
Embedded with hydrating and rejuvenating properties, BIOSOFT’s brown chocolate creme wax, with its exotic aroma and color, takes away the fine and underlined hair, hence making the skin supple and providing for a smooth and luxurious depilatory experience.
- Enriched with the goodness of Chocolate
- Removes hair efficiently
Pearl Creme Wax
The Pearl shine creme wax, with its silk-like texture and smoothening properties, ensures that you experience a shimmering, luxurious and velvety depilatory experience. Perfect for sensitive skin.
Activated Charcoal Wax
The theory behind including activated charcoal in beauty and skincare products is: it’ll act like a magnet to attract and absorb dirt and oil. When grime in your pores come in contact with the carbon, they stick to it and then get washed away when you rinse. Since charcoal can absorb thousand times its own mass, it makes for quite the beauty and skin care routine.
Argan Oil Wax
Enriched with Argan oil extracts and natural aromas, the Argan wax by BIOSOFT nourishes and rejuvenates the skin, and provides for an enhanced sensory experience.
This beautiful pink wax is formulated with titanium dioxide.an anti-irritant that is also known to enhance the skin’s natural protection from damaging UV rays.The creamy texture forms a flexible application that allows gentle removal. This wax is most suitable for short coarse hairs, for use on face, underarms, bikini, and brazilian. Suitable for short coarse hair, stubby hair from shaving, ingrown hair and stubborn fine hair.
The strong polymers in the formulation allows for flexibility, most suitable for use on long hairs in all areas. The lanolin in the wax soothes the skin during waxing. Suitable for long coarse hair (legs,arms, body & Brazilian).
This soothing aromatherapy wax is formulated with the scent of the rose. This wax is recommended for short and stubby hairs, two days after a shave. The lanolin in the wax soothes the skin during the waxing. Suitable for short coarse hair and clients who have been waxing regularly.
Formulate with rice from Japan, this wax melts below 35 degrees. This fantastic wax with its low temperature formula makes waxing a breeze. The vitamins from the rice combined with the natural pine rosin moisturizes the skin as we wax. Suitable for sensitive skin and fine hair.
Why do I have to do a patch test?
If you have never waxed in your life, or if you have not used a certain brand or type of wax before, please mention it to your specialist.
A patch test (pre-testing the product on a small patch of skin) will give you confidence to proceed (or not) with your waxing by ensuring whether it is safe to do so.
However should you choose to wax without a patch test, BeWaxed cannot take any responsibility for any reactions it may have on your skin.
Waxing Pre Care
To get the best results out of your wax treatment.
- Avoid applying body lotions or oils on your skin on the day of the wax, you’ll get better results if your skin is less oily
- Avoid oil based shower gels before your wax appointment
- Don’t scrub before coming for the wax (as your skin will be sensitive); 24-48 hours before the wax appointment is advisable
- Be hairy, your hair should be as long as a rice grain for smooth results (1/2 cm long)
- Be comfortable, if possible wear loose fitting clothes on the day of the wax in order to prevent irritation after the wax
- Please tell your specialist if you are on medication as certain medications can cause redness and bruising after a wax
- Please tell your specialist if you are pregnant as we don’t advise bikini waxing in the 1st trimester
- Please note that skin is extra sensitive if you are on acne medication or have sunburn, extremely dry skin and eczema (waxing can be performed on clients with eczema if the area is not ‘open’)
- Please note that we don’t recommend full bikini waxing your menstrual cycle due to hygienic reasons (Bikini line & Brazilian is possible)
- If you are super sensitive or have allergies we recommend taking an antihistamine (piriton) half an hour before your appointment or taking it immediately after your appointment.
How long, or how short, should my hair be for waxing?
The hair should be at least 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch for best results. If you have coarse hair, it should be closer to 1/2- 1 inch for the first few waxes. Once the hair becomes finer it can be waxed at a shorter length. If your hair is longer, we recommend shaving the area and booking your waxing appointment two to three weeks later. Else the hair will break and not be removed from the root.
It may take up to three waxing treatments to achieve smooth skin due to the fact that hair grows in stages and all of your hair is never at the same stage. It is very important to avoid shaving between waxing appointments, as this will interrupt the process and stimulate the hair growth again.
How often should I get my waxing treatment?
Every four weeks. Regular waxing is essential. The skin will be less sensitive if waxing is done every 4 weeks. Over time, with regular waxing, the hair follicle will have less and less of a grip on the hair to be pulled and the hairs will come out more easily.
Another reason to wax frequently is that you may even experience less hair growth over time.
Is there anything I should do before my waxing appointment?
- Refrain from taking a shower or bath immediately before the treatment. Soaking the hair will soften it, allowing it to break more easily and making waxing less effective.
- Make sure the hair is the appropriate length for waxing.
- Make sure that the area(s) to be waxed are clean.
There are certain medications and products that should not be taken or used if you plan to have a waxing treatment soon. Topical exfoliants used on the area to be waxed such as Retin-A, Renova, and hydroquinone, oral acne medications such as Accutane, blood-thinning medications, and topical/oral cortisone make the skin more sensitive and increase the likelihood of irritation or other complications. Please check with your doctor if you are unsure whether you should be waxed while on or using a medication.
Surviving a Bikini Wax
If you’re sick of the itchy stubble, discomfort and embarrassing missed patches that result from shaving your bikini area, perhaps it’s time to take the plunge and get waxed. You may scream in pain or even sweat a lot during the process, but chances are, you won’t be unhappy with the results!
However do expect some pain. If you go into a bikini wax expecting it to feel like a manicure, you’ll be shocked and disappointed. If you’ve ever been waxed before, the pain is similar to an upper lip or chin wax, but obviously covering a larger portion of your body. Take some comfort in knowing the pain lasts only for seconds, the way it feels when a Band-Aid is ripped off.
- Schedule your appointment between 3 and 5 pm. You’re least sensitive to pain during this part of the day, so definitely book this time if it’s your first time waxing down there. And don’t worry; the first time hurts the most.
- Take an aspirin 30 minutes before arriving at your appointment. Aspirin or a mild pain killer will reduce pain with the bonus of making red marks going away faster too. Do not take aspirin right at the salon: the aspirin takes at least 30 minutes to kick in and you’ll be naked before it starts working.
- Exfoliate. Waxed hairs are notorious for wanting to grow back under the skin. Exfoliating with a mitt, loofah, or body scrub or using a lotion will keep dead skin cells from clogging hair follicles and causing painful red ingrown hairs.
- Shave before sessions. If you’re hair is less than a ¼ inch short, it will be difficult to grab with wax and your wax therapist may have to double wax areas leading to more pain and irritation or she will need to meticulously tweeze certain areas.
- Neglect to tell your wax therapist if you’re on any medication. Don’t wax if you’re taking the acne drug Accutane or generic versions of it. It makes your skin easier to slough off and prone to irritation, so hot wax may actually rip off your skin. Not pretty, and most salons refuse to wax people that are taking it or even took it 1-2 months ago because it takes up to 6 months to clear out of your system.
- Get waxed the same day as your hot date or a day at the beach. Your bikini area will be sensitive, red, and puffy and friction or salt is the last thing you want coming into contact with it.
- Work out up to two days later. Newly hairless skin is more sensitive to chafing, sweat and bacteria, which can cause nasty pimples. Yuck!
- Wear tights or leggings regularly. Ingrown hairs have increased due to the popularity of leggings. Tight clothing directs hair to grow back into the skin instead of out because it has nowhere to go.
Waxing After Care
To get the best possible results from your treatment over the next few days, please follow the guidelines below. Note that some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions. Particularly, if you have never waxed before n and this is your first time.
These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours after your wax. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, of ir you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on +94 (0) 777 909 978 or +94 (0) 113 355 804. Keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours.
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm only)
- No tight fitting clothes
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments
- No sports or gym
- No body scrubbing for 24 hours
- No heavy based creams
- No pools or beach for 24 hours
- Please apply aloe vera gel or lacto-calamine to soothe area
- Use sunblock on exposed area 2 days after the treatment
- Please avoid shaving/tweezing/hair removal/ creams in between treatments
What should I expect after my first waxing treatment?
Hairless skin! Also, everyone’s skin reacts differently to waxing treatments, but you can expect to have temporary redness and minor irritation for a day or two. Slight itchiness may be experienced as the hair grows out. Proper post-wax care will alleviate these symptoms faster.
If you’re a bride or attending a special occasion, we recommend receiving waxing services a month before your special day to see how your skin reacts. If everything is fine, reschedule another wax a few days before.
Will I get ingrown hairs?
Waxing removes the entire hair, root and all, from the follicle. Your skin naturally hardens and thickens over the area that was waxed so it is important to keep that area gently exfoliated. Use a gentle scrub in that area about 2 days after waxing and continue to exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week thereafter. Remember, gently!
Also, use a mixture of tea tree and lavender oil. Both are antimicrobial and antibacterial and will prevent irritation.
Try to wear loose-fitting clothes for a few days after to give your skin a chance to breathe and reduce moisture.
The bikini, lip and underarms are where we tend to perspire the most. Perspiration and moisture cause bacteria to grow. Once that area has been waxed, the follicle is wide open to this bacteria creeping in.
Try to avoid heavy exercise that will increase perspiration and chaffing for about 24-48 hours after waxing.
How can I prevent ingrown hairs?
For the next 24-48 hours avoid on the waxed areas:
- use of exfoliating products (Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products, loofahs, scrubs, etc.)
- direct sun exposure and tanning beds
- creams with fragrance or ingredients that may irritate
- deodorant: it results in irritation and clogging of open follicles
- wearing tight clothing: results in irritation and inflammation
- excessive heat, such as that from hot tubs and saunas. Warm showers are okay.
- exercise, if it may cause chaffing or sweating
- touching the freshly waxed area: this encourages irritation
After 24-48 hours, regular exfoliation with a shower gel and loofah or exfoliating glove will help keep skin soft and prevent ingrown hairs.
Apply an SPF 30 or greater sunscreen to any exposed treatment areas. Since waxing exfoliates as well as removing hair, your skin will be more prone to sunburn in the days following your treatment.
How do I benefit from waxing?
Waxing reduces hair growth when performed every four weeks. While shaving crops the hair at the skin’s surface, waxing pulls it out by the root, so it grows back softer, finer, and thinner. Waxing is great for those who are tired of the hassle of shaving several times per week. The more you wax, the less hair grows back.
If you’re a bride or attending a special occasion, we recommend receiving waxing services a month before your special day to see how your skin reacts. If everything is fine, reschedule another wax a few days before the event.
Can I shave between waxing appointments?
No. Please do not shave between waxing appointments. It disrupts the hair growth cycle resulting in more hair at your next appointment.
Will waxing make my hair grow back thicker/stronger/darker?
Waxing does not cause you to grow more hair follicles. In fact, if you become a regular waxer, you will notice that your hair will become quite sparse and not as coarse.
When hair is shaved, it is cut off at the thick part of the hair, which is why you can feel stubble the next day. A properly waxed hair is removed from the root, and when the hair starts to grow back it is a new hair, very fine at the tip, so no stubble.
The only things known to stimulate hair growth are hormones: natural or artificial.